Friday, April 16, 2010

Long day

So today was pretty long. My day actually started off at 1,2,3 and finally 6 o'clock this morning. I had a baby that just wanted to be wide awake. He had a great day today and ended his night with a big smile on his face at 9 pm. Konner had his bone scan today and we should get the results back in 3 days but I dont think that includes weekends lol. He did absolutely great and guess what my baby has no tubes in or around his face. We were also moved up to the floor. So we are out of PICU and on the 2nd floor. We share a room with this little girl who has lukemia. She is so cheery but really wants to go home. Unfortunately she still has awhile here. She has the cutest laugh and when Konners mobile sings lullabys she sings along.

As I sit here thinking while my precious baby sleeps, I sit and wonder..... Is this why all these little kids are soo sick? Cause they can be in the worst pain and have such a bad horrible disease and still have a a bright smile on their face. I know if it was me I would just want to sleep and I would have a frown and ask why me. But these little kids just want to get better and move on with their lives and GO HOME. I cant wait for Konner to get his treatment plan so we can start kicking this cancer in the butt. I know he is ready to go home to his brothers and I know I am ready to have my sweet baby boy be HEALTHY again. Until tomorrow, I will leave you with this..................

When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
When the funds are low, and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but have to sigh;
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but do not quit.

Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
And you can never tell how close you are
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-
It's when things go wrong that you must not quit.

~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment